Friday, November 12, 2010

Kathakali

This is from a Travel and Tourism poster I did back in school.


Food!

And this is from a menu card illustration.


Slowboat

Another tourism poster. I chose Kashmir. I love everything Kashmir.


Hillermiller

Meditation and Healing.


Thought I'd put up some old stuff first.

Right. All of these were produced during end-of-term exams in school, back when I had Applied Art and Advertising sans Photoshop. Our hands were our tools, with stencils and paint and other stuff thrown in, and we were provided with the topic and the tagline, the rest was up to us. So yeah, everything apart from the actual illustration looked campy as hell. I miss these classes though, most of all I miss the poster paint. One of the reasons I like poster paint so much is because of the kind of opacity it provides - I can slather it on and swish it around and it still looks solid and comforting. I understand translucence and like it inasmuch as it makes things look transcendental and delicate, but posters should just be basic and colourful, I refuse to step off my soapbox in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment